- This event has passed.
CMHA Mental Health Week (May 3-9)
CMHA Mental Health Week 2021 –
Facts About Mental Health Week
• Every year since 1951, CMHA has hosted Mental Health Week in the first full week in May, making 2021 the 70th year.
• This year, CMHA Mental Health Week is being observed May 3-9, 2021.
• Mental Health Week is a Canadian tradition, with communities, schools and workplaces rallying to celebrate, protect and promote mental health.
• The core objective of Mental Health Week is to promote mental health because mental health is something we can promote and protect, not just something we can lose.
• Visit www.mentalhealthweek.ca for info and tools about CMHA Mental Health Week.
• Connect on social media using the hashtags #GetReal and #MentalHealthWeek. About the 2021
CMHA Mental Health Week campaign
• The theme of this year’s Mental Health Week is understanding our emotions.
• Recognizing, labeling and accepting our feelings are all part of protecting and promoting good mental health for everyone.
• Naming, expressing and dealing with our emotions—even when they’re uncomfortable—can make us feel better.