We are seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a General Labour – Furnace Operator. This position plays a critical role in ensuring the efficient and accurate execution of heat-treating processes, adhering to quality standards and maintaining a safe work environment
WHY JOIN US!
- Extensive Health & Dental Coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Vacation starting at three weeks, with additional paid time off
- Annual Bonus Program
- Competitive wages
- Job Security (long standing and growing company)
- On The Job Training
- Professional designation fee paid
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Social Events/Activities
- Years of Service Program
- Perform all operations required for heat-treating including loading and unloading the furnace, operating the furnace, and controlling all setups such as temperature and atmosphere
- Set up appropriate temperatures, times and speeds according to data provided by FCR/cycle sheet
- Fill out, indicate and record the processing information on the provided load sheets
- Perform all required Quality Assurance (QA) checks specified for each load and record the results on the provided forms
- Inform QA of any non-conformities and seek advice on necessary corrective actions
- Collaborate with QA inspectors to complete all QA work required for the production center
- Notify the production supervisor of any potential delays, inability to meet delivery times, or inability to fulfill heat-treating requirements
- Notify the plant manager of any maintenance requirements
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, ensuring it is free of spills, materials and waste
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tasks and procedures
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or heat-treating environment is a plus
- Safety-conscious mindset and commitment to adhering to safety protocols
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As IMT Group is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to and provide a security check which may include a criminal background check.
IMT is strongly committed to diversity, and welcome all applications. IMT will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Please communicate you accommodation needs confidential to the recruiting manager.