WE’RE HIRING! …A Part-Time Project Coordinator/Admin Support
Who we are:
Armstrong Milling Co. Ltd. is a family-based business operating in Haldimand County for 36 years. We are committed to providing customers the best possible products to an ever-growing industry. With our site running out of Hagersville Ontario we have been able to provide the Canadian wild bird seed market with our own branded products as well as premium custom-blended packaged caged animal and bird seed products.
Why Join the Armstrong Milling Team? …Because We Offer:
- RRSP Matching
- Competitive Benefit Wellness Package
- Office Clothing Allowance
- A Diverse Workplace with A Focus on Employee Development
- A Connected Work/Family Culture with Lots of Company Social Events
Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties. Must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written. Wage based on experience and performance ability.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Project Management, Accounting, Commence, or related field preferred, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Project management understanding and overseeing of capital projects including data analysis, tracking, and reporting, and related business support. Project management coordination, ensuring projects are meeting timelines and budgeted costs, as well as validation of project expectations (cost-benefit analysis).
· Knowledge of financial systems, including Excel databases, report generation, and project management software.
· Proficient in the use of accounting software and computer applications.
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel and PowerPoint).
· Effective communication skills to present complex issues in a clear, logical manner.
· Demonstrate a personal sense of urgency. Proficient in problem solving and timely completion of duties.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
· A valid Ontario “G” Driver’s Licence.
Project Coordinator Duties:
· Monitor project team members’ progression to ensure timelines and deliverables are pacing as planned.
· Maintain project documentation throughout the project, as well as annual capital spending paperwork.
· Assist with coordination of meetings including creation of agendas, meeting minutes, and action items.
· Communicate project progression, project risks and issues, to key stakeholders.
· Assist with solving issues that may arise during the project.
· Manage and build relationships with multiple teams.
· Perform administrative functions and processes related to the project.
· Managing day-to-day activities for the Project Management team.
· Analyzing project data and producing progress reports.
Admin Support, Finance Department:
· Assist Accounts Payable Lead with weekly payment proposal, posting payables and weekly disbursements.
· Administrative functions as required to assist with day-to-day operations of the Finance Department.
· Backup for Accounting department as needed for staff coverage and month end assistance.
Compensation & Benefits
· Wage based on experience and performance ability.
· Group RRSP matching plan
· Drug and Dental coverage
· Extended healthcare
· LTD Plan