JOB DESCRIPTION – GENERAL LABOURER (Stevensville and Beamsville locations)
Ferguson Neudorf Glass Inc. (FNG) is one of Canada’s leading designers, fabricators and installers of commercial aluminum curtain wall and skylights. With over 30 years in the industry, we are involved in some of the most prestigious construction projects in North America. Our company takes pride in its leadership through innovation in design and engineering. We are actively seeking new members who share our passion for the industry and who are interested in growth within the organization. If you are an applicant ready to build your career in an active, challenging, and rewarding environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
We are currently seeking a General Labourer to join our team. Reporting to the Shop Manager, the General Labourer is involved in the production and fabrication of aluminum curtain wall products (windows, frames, glass) and unitized glazing systems. The General Labourer is responsible for meeting safety, quality, and production targets and must be able to perform work in a safe manner, adhering to all company safety rules, and various other general labour tasks as required. There are various full-time general labour positions on our glazing lines, machining, material handling, assembly and shipping/receiving departments.
Depending on the department a General Labourer can work in to support the manufacturing process, the duties include but are not limited to:
· Fabricating and assembling curtain wall and unitized glazing systems.
· Reading & interpreting fabrication manuals and shop drawings to ensure accurate assembly.
· Use of various tools and machinery.
· Operating machinery and equipment in our assembly line.
· Material handling and planning. Using attention to detail to prepare materials to exact specifications.
· Quality inspection of product by ensuring all necessary manufacturing and quality procedures are followed.
· Assisting in loading and unloading trucks of materials (this may require heavy lifting over 50 pounds).
· Ensuring all Safety protocols are followed.
· Working in a team environment in a large production plant (Beamsville or Stevensville).
· Other duties as required
· Assembly and manufacturing experience is an asset. We are willing to train the right candidate.
· Experience in the glass industry is an asset.
· Good English communication skills with the ability to take direction.
· Mechanical aptitude is required.
· Experience using a tape measure. Ability to measure in metric & imperial.
· Ability to read and interpret manuals and drawings.
· Commitment to teamwork, adhering to safety rules and procedures, efficient work ethic, and attention to detail is a requirement.
· Work environment requires wearing PPE: must have own safety steel toe footwear, safety glasses
To learn more and to apply, please visit https://fnglass.com/careers/
Ferguson Neudorf Glass Inc. (FNG) is an equal opportunity employer. We abide by the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
Only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for an interview.
This job description is not a complete description of responsibility, but reflects the general qualifications, duties and/or responsibilities necessary to perform this position. Ferguson Neudorf Glass Inc. (FNG) reserves the right to revise the job description as circumstances warrant.