Title: Process Operator
Hours: Monday- Friday from 8am to 4pm
Location: Welland, ON
Job Description: The Process Operator works safely while ensuring maximum production quantity and quality by operating the Human Machine Interface (HMI) to move product through processing stages while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of VDC The process operator is reporting to Production Manager for daily schedules and tasks. Key responsibilities
- TRAINED ON & Operates HMI equipment; understands regulations relating to process operations and works in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met
- Communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate complicated repairs and maintenance requirements; assists maintenance employees as needed in performing maintenance and repairs
- Works in a safe manner at all times following Verbio Diesel Canada’s policies and procedures; handles corrosive chemicals and other dangerous and toxic products using the respective personal protective equipment as required
- Takes routine field readings and diagnoses faults affecting facility conditions
- Loads and unloads oil from trucks and rail cars
- Operates hoists and cranes within the facility
- TRINED ON & Carries out regular maintenance and cleaning duties of the facility
- Process flow understanding and monitoring • Safe handling of chemicals, wearing appropriate PPE
- Monitoring and management of waste water systems, sanitary and storm water systems
- Operation of pumps, valve orientation, connect/disconnect hoses to transfer product, chemicals or waste water (Majority of work)
- Adhering to Kosher practice
Work Setting: Warehouse
Type of Equipment:
Some mechanical ability that would be an asset but we will train. They will not be performing maintenance on the HMI and machinery. They have skilled people for that. The extent of using tools and doing anything mechanical would be putting together piping and fittings, connecting hoses to pumps and possibly unbolting flanges. So using pipe wrenches and various wrenches.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Lifting and connecting heavy duty hoses and connections. Filters.
Employer: On Demand Staffing
To Apply Visit Our Website: www.ondemandstaffing.ca
OnDemand Staffing is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OnDemand Staffing will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Apply for this position
About OnDemand Staffing
Since 2010 OnDemand Staffing has been providing staffing and human resources solutions to a diverse client base in Niagara and Hamilton. In just a decade, OnDemand Staffing has become one of the area’s top recruiting and staffing companies providing flexible solutions for those navigating a difficult and evolving employment market.
Our passion for staffing and commitment to provide our partners with the highest level of customer satisfaction has earned us our excellent reputation. We are devoted to constantly develop, implement, review and update procedures to assist both job seekers and companies in our communities.