|Job Title:||Maintenance Coordinator|
|Job Opening Id:||30123||# Required:||1|
|Business Unit:||Community Services||Division:||Long Term Care Homes|
|Location:||Upper Canada Lodge & Various Locations||Standard Hours:||40.00 / week|
|Salary Grade:||18||Salary Range:||$ 26.32 – $ 26.85|
|Post Date:||2021-11-25||Close Date:||2021-12-01|
Division: Long Term Care Homes
Approximate Duration: 4-24 months
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Please note that the Niagara Region requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination, or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by Niagara Region.
Perform general building and property maintenance. Maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing, mechanical, emergency systems and equipment. Coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department under the direction of Building Services Management and/or Administrator or designate.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Diploma in Building Environmental Systems (BES) Operator Class I & II or equivalent educational program.
- Equivalent combination of education and 10 years Long Term Care building maintenance experience may be considered.
- Recognized training or education in one of the electrical, mechanical and plumbing trades is required and carpentry would be an asset.
- Gas Technician 2 Certification would be an asset.
- Completion of at least of 1 year current related experience in building maintenance preferably in a Long Term Care setting.
- Be familiar with relevant codes, e.g., building code, fire code, electrical code, etc.
- Additional job related courses preferred.
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of relevant computer systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with service contractors, trades people, staff, residents and families.
- Must be familiar with maintenance management systems (MMS).
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate – Condition of Employment
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted class “G” license for the class of the vehicle operated – Condition of Employment
- Must have a good attendance record.
Typically scheduled days 8:00-4:00 Monday to Friday, subject to occasional afternoons and weekends as required
Please note that although the location is Upper Canada Lodge, this position is required to work at any of the 8 Long Term Care Homes.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through the Niagara Region Careers site.