|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner OTN|
|Job Opening Id:||30188||# Required:||1|
|Business Unit:||Public Health and Emergency Services||Division:||Clinical Services|
|Location:||Public Health Niagara Falls||Standard Hours:||35.00 / week|
|Salary Grade:||33A||Salary Range:||$ 52.76 – $ 61.95|
|Post Date:||2021-11-25||Close Date:||2021-12-08|
Division: Clinical Services
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Please note that the Niagara Region requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination, or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by Niagara Region.
To provide clinical, counselling and referral services within the scope and functions of a Nurse Practitioner for clients seeking services through the Community Mental Health Program OTN initiative. The goal of this position (with additional team support) will be to improve and increase access to services through telemedicine resources.
- Current Certificate of Competence (RN(EC) Registered Nurse in the extended class) for a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- Current certificate in CPR.
- A minimum of three years experience in community health with a minimum of 2 years in a clinical setting related to primary care as well as addressing treatment needs of clients with severe mental illness.
- Requires knowledge and background to counsel individuals on mental health and addiction issues.
- Previous experience working with the geriatric population
- Proficiency in geriatrics also preferred.
- Past accomplishments will include demonstrated inter-personal skills, organizational skills; excellent assessment, examination, and treatment skills; program planning and evaluation skills; communication skills (both written and verbal), and computer skills.
- Keyboarding skills required.
- An ability to work in an inter-disciplinary team environment required.
- Previous experience working in a collaborative practice model.
- French language skills an asset.
- Must display an acceptable comfort level in working with individuals related to mental health, addictions, geriatrics, vulnerable populations or homelessness issues.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the identified populations.
- Must be able to travel throughout the Niagara Region to various locations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to the class of vehicle operated
- Must provide proof of carrying own malpractice insurance, renewed annually.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through the Niagara Region Careers site.