SFT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who upholds the protected grounds of the Human Rights Commission of Ontario.
SFT welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Lighthouse/Showboat Festival is a leader in Southern Ontario and Niagara region’s live entertainment scene. We are seeking an experienced Carpenter to work at our Port Colborne location to build the sets for our main stage shows. If you’re a hard-working professional who is a lover of live entertainment, apply now!
Hours: 35 hr/week
Length of contract: October 4 – December 3
Responsibilities for Carpenter
- Build, maintain, and repair a variety of theatrical sets, ranging from standard single room sets to multi location sets
- Perform work in accordance with safety best practices
- Maintain tools and equipment in safe operating condition
- Cut, shape, and alter materials as needed
- Build theatrical doors, walls, windows and other set pieces designed by our professional set designers
- Measure and mark materials for alterations
Qualifications for Carpenter
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum of 3 years of general carpentry experience and completion of an apprenticeship, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong reading and writing skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow blueprints, technical diagrams, and schematics
- Comfortable using ladders and scaffolding
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand, air, and power tools
- Able to lift and move up to 30 pounds regularly
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Artistic Director Derek Ritschel at email@example.com by September 24, 2021