|Job Title:||Tenant Support Representative|
|Job Opening Id:||29072||# Required:||1|
|Business Unit:||Community Services||Division:|
|Location:||Headquarters Campbell East||Standard Hours:||35.00 / week|
|Salary Grade:||8||Salary Range:||$ 27.61 – $ 29.19|
|Post Date:||2021-07-21||Close Date:||2021-08-03|
Approximate Duration: 9 months
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Responsible for the provision of effective and timely tenant services including determining on-going eligibility for subsidy, annual and interim rent calculations, receiving and coordinating logistics for maintenance repairs, preparing invoices for payment, assisting and supporting tenants with rent and tenancy related questions, and completing tenancy administration for approximately 2,850 of the owned Niagara Regional Housing units while working within Yardi property management software.
- 2-year post-secondary diploma in Office Administration, Business or other related field
- At least 1 year in customer service / property management field
- Rent Geared to Income (RGI) calculation experience
- At least 3 years in a maintenance related environment, property management or related field is preferred
- Course/certificate Rent-Geared-to-Income (RGI) training is preferred
- Knowledge of Yardi or other property management software is preferred
- Bookkeeping experience is preferred
- Microsoft Office capability, including MS Word, Excel
- Excellent organizational and phone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent social skills and an ability to effectively manage and build relationships with difficult clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and timelines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of various legislation, including Residential Tenancies Act, Building Code and Housing Services Act is preferred
- Bilingual English and French is considered an asset
- Must possess knowledge of various government and private pensions and benefits and other sources of income for tenants
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through the Niagara Region Careers site.