DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation and review of daily transactions, preparation of schedules to support financial balances and to assist in analysis, assisting with account reconciliations, and improve and document financial processes to improve operations and internal controls.
- Well written/spoken
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management
- Strong presentation skills
ROLE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for Superior Propane legal entities.
- Responsible for the consolidation process, preparation of financial reporting package for submission to Superior Plus and upload to Hyperion.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of the Quarterly Notes Package and Tax Package to Superior Plus.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of the tie out of the financial statements, supporting documentation and MD&A.
- Act as one of the IFRS subject matter experts and provide research and guidance on accounting issues as required.
- Preparation and reconciliation of accounts including support and analysis of change in balances and nature of activity.
- Prepare accurate daily and monthly journal entries on a timely basis. Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts and ensure reconciling items are dealt with timely.
- Ensure the financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner.
- Assist with the annual audit and provide supporting documentation to the internal and external auditors.
- Lead certain aspects of process improvements as part of a company-wide initiative and be able to collaborate with other departments and present findings to the Management team.
- Financial Systems maintenance such as Insight report creation and queries.
- Maintain and update the ADDs Mapping files GLNUM, IGLNUM and SGLNUM and ensure all required changes are implemented correctly.
- Ensure all mid-month ADDs-discrepancies are cleared prior to the month end interface.
- Assist the team in month end reporting as required to improve efficiencies and reduce reporting timelines.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis with insightful commentary
- Work with regional offices and Business Managers to support inquiries and other requests as required.
- Approval of Vendor set up requests.
- Assist on a variety of other accounting tasks, such as accounting memos, research and ad hoc projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Professional Accounting designation CPA (CA, CMA, CGA).
- Five+ years related experience.
- Strong understanding of IFRS accounting principles and practices.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of large data records.
- Excellent analytical, reporting and problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proven team player, but able to work with minimal direction.
- Motivated self-starter, who can multitask and manage competing priorities under tight and changing deadlines.
- High degree of initiative, judgement, and decision-making capabilities.
- Exposure to JD Edwards Enterprise One ERP, ADDs and Insight Reporting is an advantage.
“Here at Superior Propane we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment & selection process, we encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can enhance your experience.”