Superior Propane is looking for a full time Driver to join our team. Reporting directly to the Market Manager and collaborating regularly with the Delivery Coordinator, the Driver is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of product to our customers. The Driver will also be accountable for providing exceptional customer service while upholding the highest standards for safety in the delivery and handling of propane and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be open to working 1:00 AM – 9:30 AM shift
- Transfer, collect, load and deliver propane product to and from containers (bulk truck, tanks and/or cylinders) for customers. Initiate and conduct the asset verification process.
- Conduct and maintain the highest standard of safety in all activities and operations ensuring compliance with relevant regulations. This includes conducting and, if applicable documenting, pre and post vehicle inspections, site inspections and visual tank inspections, and maintaining a tidy and sanitized vehicle.
- Immediately notify the Market Manager of any potential issues, infractions, or accidents. Prepare and submit necessary paperwork accurately detailing the incident within the appropriate timelines.
- Collaborate with the Delivery Coordinator frequently for routing and scheduling information. Notify the Delivery Coordinator of any product, customer, routing, scheduling or safety issues immediately to obtain their guidance and instruction on how to resolve the issue or situation. Obtain their pre-approval/consent via a validation number for overtime hours.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations and corporate image.
- High School education
- Minimum of three (3) year professional driving experience preferred
- Class D driver’s license with an air brake ticket (or greater)
- Incident free drivers abstract
- Ability to continually lift between 30-50 pounds
- Physically fit, multiple stops in a day, getting in and out of bulk truck and pulling hose
- A commitment to customer service
- Knowledge and ability to use computers, specifically on-board truck computers and held-held devices (smart phones)
- Flexible for on-call availability, weekend shifts and compressed workweeks
- Group Health Benefits – Flexible plan model to fit individual needs
- Pension & Savings Plan – Employer matching after 1 year
- Competitive hourly rate
Apply for this position
Please drop-off your resume in person to:
Please apply directly through Superior Propane’s Career Portal: