Position: Office Administrator/Purchasing Assistant
Location: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada
ITT Goulds Pumps is among the most widely recognized and respected brands in the global pump industry, serving customers in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, chemical, pulp and paper, and general industrial markets. As the only manufacturer to make digital monitoring standard on every process pump, ITT Goulds Pumps continues to lead the industry in both mechanical pump design and the adoption of smart technologies.
The primary function of this position is to support the day-to-day operations of this service and repair center located in Port Colborne, Ontario which has 12 employees in regards to purchasing, quality, safety and administrative needs.
- Responsible for purchasing all WIP, safety, shop and office consumables for location; vendor communications, lead times and expediting orders to ensure due dates are met.
- Negotiate pricing as needed to gain most cost effective price.
- Enter purchase orders to Vantage system and source intercompany parts.
- Check and approve invoices for payment and track visa and check purchases.
- Run weekly production and order backlog reports; follow-up as needed and track against shipments received.
- Provide finance with monthly and quarterly reporting of open and in-process purchase orders and jobs.
- Maintain vendor information including banking and tax forms.
- Create customs invoices for customs brokerage compliance with international shipping regulations and provide related support as needed.
- Coordinate activities and maintain site and employee records concerning all site ESH&S activities including reporting on safety observations and disseminating company-provided safety materials to site.
- Proactively monitor and maintain all inspections sheets for on-site equipment such as Cranes, Tow Motors and Paint booth.
- Support activities in preparation for ESH&S internal and external audits.
- Support Quality processes including maintaining calibration records and monthly metrics as required.
- Support activities surrounding ISO recertification audits.
- General office administrative tasks including preparing bi-weekly payroll time sheets, tracking employee vacation usage, responding to incoming mail, answering phones and visitor screening.
- 5+ years purchasing and/or office administrative experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite; Gensuite or Vantage experience a plus.
- Prior ESH&S program management experience preferable.
- ISO quality program support experience preferable.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A self-starter who is very detail oriented and a quick learner.
- Possesses strong communication skills – both written and verbal with employees at all levels.
- Able to interpret and apply policies and procedures appropriately.
- Mindful when handling confidential information
Apply for this position
Please drop-off your resume in person to:
Please apply for this position directly through their online career portal: