$15.00/hour; shift premiums; benefits at three months
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loading unwrapped, primary packaged and secondary packaged products into applicable packaging.
- Responsible for building pallets based on customer requirements.
- Must be able to count properly and have a keen eye for quality.
- Position involves standing for long periods of time, doing repetitive work.
- Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements.
- Must adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices and Safety Policies.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum High School
Prior experience in a Food Manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Good verbal, written and multi-tasking skills.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be available to work weekly rotating shifts: days, afternoons, nights.
- Must be available to work occasional weekends.
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk for majority of shift.
- Must have reliable transportation (location is off bus route).
- 100% of work involves being in the manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About SunOpta – Niagara
SunOpta Inc. is a leading global company focused on organic, non-genetically modified (“non-GMO”) and specialty foods. SunOpta specializes in the sourcing, processing and packaging of organic and non-GMO food products, integrated from seed through packaged products; with a focus on strategic vertically integrated business models.With about 1,800 global employees, SunOpta’s organic and non-GMO food operations revolve around value-added grain, seed, fruit and vegetable based product offerings, supported by a global sourcing and supply infrastructure.