Who we are:
Armstrong Milling Co. Ltd. is a family-based business operating in Haldimand County for 36 years. We are committed to providing customers the best possible products to an ever-growing industry. With our site running out of Hagersville Ontario we have been able to provide the Canadian wild bird seed market with our own branded products as well as premium custom-blended packaged caged animal and bird seed products.
Why Join the Armstrong Milling Team? …Because We Offer:
- RRSP Matching
- Competitive Benefit Wellness Package
- Company Funded Work clothes.
- Work boot Allowance
- A Diverse Workplace with A Focus on Employee Development
- A Connected Work/Family Culture with Lots of Company Social Events
Armstrong Milling continues to grow and prosper within the pet food and agriculture sectors. Part of this growth is expanding our labour force to meet customer demands. Our most recent requirement is finding a proven millwright who can use their high skillset in a local family business.
Despite Armstrong’s growing into a mid-sized corporation we still have not forgotten where we started. Having these characteristics enables us to provide a fast-moving environment while still being able to treat our employees as a person and not a number.
As mentioned, we are looking to expand our maintenance department and seeking an Industrial Millwright to join our team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Repair any defective equipment and ensure they are made safe for the employees
2. Construct or adjust equipment, buildings, and other physical assets as requested by the Maintenance Manager and/or the Maintenance Coordinator
3. Complete the tasks associated with the Preventative Maintenance schedule as required
4. Offer Maintenance solutions to problems that arise
5. Fix any unsafe equipment or conditions before they can cause injury to any employee
6. Provide input to planning activities for Maintenance projects and assist in the execution of the projects
7. When required, participate with the Workplace Health and Safety Committee sponsored activities especially as it pertains to Maintenance related safety issues
8. Report all food safety problems and/or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Assist with the development of a preventative maintenance program
2. Actively participate in areas of continuous improvement and offer solutions to problems as required
3. Ensure that all equipment is operating and any unsafe equipment or conditions are reported to the Workplace Health & Safety Committee or relevant authority
4. Complete any other task or duty deemed necessary by the Maintenance Manager and/or the Maintenance Coordinator
1. Shifts are rotating and requires flexibility to support production on days, afternoons
2. Full benefits after 90-day probation period
3. Position is physically demanding
4. Require forklift training and operating
5. Required to work outside in inclement weather, extreme heights, confined spaces, and dusty conditions
6. Must have the ability to operate aerial equipment
7. Plant contains tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and other allergens
- millwright: 3 – 5 years (preferred)
- Knowledge with the operation and maintenance of bucket elevators, drag lines, grain cleaners, hammer mills and mixers would be an asset
- some basic electrical knowledge
- experience working at heights and confined spaces (preferred)
- English (required)
- Driver’s License (required)
- Millwright Ticket (required)