Safari Niagara is proud to boast an inclusive and diverse community. We are seeking an enthusiastic hands-on team player who is looking to grow their career at our Zoo. We invite you to apply. The position is located in Stevensville.
JOB POSTING – Food Service Cashier – Food Services
The Food Service Cashier – Guest Service Representative (GSR) will ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the food service division. The efficiency of the division will be ensured by interacting with guests directly, taking orders and processing requests, cashing them out and serving guests in a timely manner. This position will provide an excellent guest experience to all Safari Niagara patrons, and must stay up-to-date on park locations and offerings to accurately answer questions. This position requires someone who is outgoing and enjoys interacting with the public. The candidate must possess the ability to adapt to changing weather. Customer service experience is an asset.
- Ensures all guests are greeted and acknowledged within a timely manner
- Quickly and accurately cashes out and serves guests to minimize line-ups
- Accepts customers’ F&B orders and relays to the kitchen via the POS system
- Delivers customer orders once ready, ensuring correct portions and correct items ordered are delivered to the corresponding customer
- Delivers alcoholic beverages responsibly, only in licenced and designated areas and maintain that smart serve specifications are followed
- Performs opening, closing, and cleaning duties every day to ensure smooth operations
- Maintains the health and safety protocols of designated food service areas alongside coworkers to ensure clean and safe environments
- Accepts any added responsibilities that may be asked throughout employment with Safari Niagara to support other departments
- Preference given to individuals with prior guest service experience, including cashier experience, retail experience, and other interactions with the general public
- Preference given to those with cash handling experience
- Outgoing and personable as to foster relationships with the Food Services employees
- Health and Safety competencies to ensure proper execution of roles
- Accountability and integrity
- Able to prioritize duties for seamless execution
- Ability to strategize to get duties done, given traffic and weather concerns or changes
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- First Aid, CPR-C, Safe Food Handling, Smart Serve and Workplace Health and Safety certification are considered an asset
Please apply, in confidence, by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.