Full Job Description
Safari Niagara and Stevensville Garden Gallery are proud to be a significant part of their diverse and inclusive community. We are seeking an enthusiastic hands-on team player who is looking to grow their career at our Zoo and Garden Centre. We invite you to apply.
Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for promoting the Companies’ brands and generating traffic through the use of social media. Responsibilities include managing the social media on an ongoing basis (creating content, engaging with customers, etc.). They will also coordinate with the Management on various projects and events. This individual must be aware of current trends and react quickly to changes in our services (social media, website, online advertising, etc.). They will have frequent interactions with external and internal clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve in a support capacity to the Owners and Business Development
- Manage social media for the Companies
- Research and help to develop/implement new social media content
- Aid in promoting brand initiatives consistent with Company business goals and objective
- Assist with updating websites, ensuring posts are current
- With Management, create and implement an annual calendar of events
- Create captivating and effective content, shoot videos and promotional materials for various social media platforms, including Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Maintain social media sites on a regular basis (based on marketing calendar)
- Review and track analytics. Work with Team to increase our followers across all social media platforms
- Leverage current programs and promotions on social media
- Interact and respond to customers’ inquiries, comments and feedback on social media
- Cover all events/sponsorships that the Company participates in
- Other duties as required.
- College Diploma/University Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Commerce, Communication, or Business Administration
- 2 years of Marketing or Administrative, Social media experience
- Retail and e-commerce experience an asset
- Graphic design skills are an asset. Videography and editing experiences
- Self-motivated and works well independently
- Works well under pressure and tight timelines
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Is proactive and has good organization and communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Flexible schedule, available to work some weekends.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Have you completed formal post graduate education in Marketing/Social Media?
- Marketing/Social Media: 2 years (preferred)
- Customer Service/Retail: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location