Come join the incredible Kitchen team at Masaki Japanese Sushi, an authentic Japanese Restaurant in the heart of historic and beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake specializing in authentic Japanese cuisine, including sushi, sashimi, and teppanyaki!
We are seeking a Sushi Chef to lead our Kitchen Team to success in a high-paced, professional Japanese restaurant. We focus on high-quality ingredients and a genuine product. We need you to help us provide an incredible and exceptional experience for all of our Guests.
This restaurant consists of a full Sushi Bar and Open Concept kitchen, consisting of professional and reliable teammates.
The ideal candidate would have minimum five (5) years experience working in a high-volume, Japanese kitchen and have a keen eye for detail and high service standards.
Responsibilities and Qualifications includes, but not limited to:
- 5+ years experience working in a Japanese dining facility preparing sushi, sashimi and teppanyaki.
- Experience working in a Management capacity and leading a Team to success.
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Administrative duties, such as placing orders (through our ordering system) and scheduling staff.
- Performing various Human Resources functions (assisting with Recruitment & Selection, providing training and coaching, assisting in conducting performance reviews).
- Cooking and preparing menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen team.
- Answer, report and follow direction of the General Manager of the company.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with Company regulations and determined safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests.
- All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5-year’s progressive experience in a busy high caliber restaurant (Japanese Restaurant experience an asset).
• Red Seal Certificate.
• Current Safe Food Handler’s Certificate.
• Previous up-selling and/or sales experience is considered an asset.
Accessibility accommodations will be made for job candidates upon request.
While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.