This position is responsible for providing Maintenance support, ongoing planning and assistance to maximize efficiencies and identify opportunities to lower maintenance costs and increase productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize the Preventative Maintenance Program including predictive maintenance, spare parts inventory and down-time trending by equipment and frequency
- Assist in managing maintenance parts procurement and budget
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including Production, Human Resource, Quality, Supply Chain, Warehousing, and Finance to meet production targets.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve machines and plant equipment to maximize efficiency.
- Model, for the maintenance department, a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Showcase flexibility and a “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done right, including being on-call nights and weekends.
- Assist in executing the production schedule and supply the needs of Operations.
- Ensures effective Maintenance safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Millwright or High Speed Packaging Mechanic with related field experience.
Minimum of 2 years progressive maintenance experience in a food manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and Skills
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written and multi-tasking skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel software. Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Approximately; 100% of work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
- competency in performing multiple tasks
- Experience with fork lift and scissor lift (certification preferred, but can provide)
- Must be available for weekly shift rotation (midnights 10pm-6am, afternoons 2-10pm, days 6am-2pm)
- Shift Premiums effective on start date
- Benefits at three months
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About SunOpta – Niagara
SunOpta Inc. is a leading global company focused on organic, non-genetically modified (“non-GMO”) and specialty foods. SunOpta specializes in the sourcing, processing and packaging of organic and non-GMO food products, integrated from seed through packaged products; with a focus on strategic vertically integrated business models.With about 1,800 global employees, SunOpta’s organic and non-GMO food operations revolve around value-added grain, seed, fruit and vegetable based product offerings, supported by a global sourcing and supply infrastructure.