Commisso’s Fresh Foods offer a wide variety of products that range from our in-house kitchen and bakery to imports from all over Europe. When choosing the right products to carry, we focus on fresh, organic, and speciality products that cannot be found within Niagara Region.
Our customers depend on our Meat Department to provide excellent products and accurate knowledge when it comes to purchasing meat for their families. In the role of a Jr Butcher you will play an integral role in ensuring customers are able to shop our meat department for the products they are seeking.
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood, remove bones from meat, grind meats, cut poultry into parts, cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat;
- Maintaining the overall appearance of the department;
- Ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to showcase quality;
- Weighing, pricing, wrapping, and packaging meat for customers;
- Stocking and rotating products in all displays, and ensuring that none are past the sell-by date;
- Meeting or exceeding Company guidelines regarding hygiene, presentation and customer service at meat case and workstation; and
- Complying with all Commisso’s policies and procedures and maintaining customer confidentiality.
- Previous experience in a meat department or related food-handling role is considered an asset;
- Team player with a positive and energetic attitude;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must be able to lift thirty (30) pounds;
- Must be able to stand at work stations for extend periods of time;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be organized and to set priorities while meeting deadlines and managing interruptions;
- Ability to identifying challenges and proactively problem solve;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team that embraces differences of opinions;
- Ability to remain professional is all circumstances; and
- Available to work days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
About Commisso's Fresh Foods
HR Consulting and Safety