As a Building Maintenance Worker, you will be responsible for the hands-on maintenance of all building systems, assets, guest rooms, public spaces, operating equipment and property grounds. This position is vital to the organization’s success with the overall goal to maximize our customer and guest experience.
- Perform preventative maintenance including, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical and plumbing repairs, bathroom fixtures, grouting, caulking and tile repair, paint and wallpaper repairs, carpet repairs, fixture replacement or repairs, and ensure amenities are in good working order
- Ensure that company’s preventative maintenance program is monitored and maintained, which will include trouble shooting and problem solving
- Ensure all grounds and buildings are properly maintained and present a professional appearance to the public and are safe for guest use, which include, but is not limited to, cutting grass, trimming trees, planting and maintaining flowers, raking leaves, sweeping, cleaning and hosing sidewalks and driveways, picking up litter, salting, sanding and shoveling
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment works adequately and conduct minor repairs as necessary
- Ensure that the safety of the guests and staff is assured by strictly adhering to the fire code.
- Implement and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined by the Company
- Respond to guest demands to address immediate issues
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested management
- 3+ years ‘hands on’ general institutional or industrial building maintenance experience
- Plumbing, electrical, and/or mechanical experience a definite asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- $15 to $17/hr, commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please send your resume. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Skylon is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Skylon believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
About Skylon Tower
HR Consulting and Safety