Our client is seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of a Relief Chemical Operator in their plant located in Niagara Falls.
- Successful completion of a college diploma and preferred to have a technical emphasis.
- Relevant work experience (e.g. production, loading, or unit maintenance) in a chemical plant or manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in math, reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a rotating shift; weekends; holidays; overtime; and respond to callouts.
- Ability and willingness to serve as member of Emergency Response Team.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position including lifting,climbing ladders, stairs, walking, bending, stooping etc..
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
- Conduct routine operating inspections of the unit, troubleshoot operational problems and respond to area emergencies or to changing operational situations.
- Operate equipment in the field and monitor process operating conditions through the use of instrumentation to regulate temperatures, pressures, concentration and flow of chemicals through the process system for prescribed reaction with critical limits. All must be accomplished according to standard operating procedures and in support of the safe operation and environmental integrity of the plant.
- Maintain log of readings, lab results, shift production requirements and equipment issues to record daily activity and provide for adequate shift relief.
- Initiate work requests, perform minor maintenance within capabilities and prepare equipment for maintenance.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance work such as locking out equipment, preparing permits and verifying equipment.
- Make minor repairs to equipment and initiate maintenance action when needed utilizing the SAP work notification process.
- Notify supervision, maintenance, engineering and other auxiliary personnel regarding equipment malfunctions and troubleshoot process issues as needed.
Good working knowledge of SAP
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply through our website at http://burkeemploymentsolutions.ca/application/?jobid=896 or by contacting Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org