We are looking for (3) COVID-19 Testing Screeners to join the team of Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village health care professionals. At Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village, our team is passionate, friendly and possesses a positive attitude that is essential at our versatile organization. We are a company where you are not just a number – your experience, work ethic and brilliant ideas are acknowledged and valued!! We strongly believe that we can do great things by working together.
NIGGV is commonly referred to as the “Village,” and since 1958, we have grown to be one of the largest providers of services for seniors in Ontario. Today, we offer 338 rental/lease apartments and 47 bungalows of independent and assisted living. This community offers a variety of amenities (chapel, library, an auditorium with shuffleboard courts, four five-pin bowling lanes, billiard room, therapeutic/recreational swimming pool, lounges, atrium and café). The Village also accommodates 40 Long Term Care suites.
The COVID-19 Testing Screener will report to the Director of Care and is responsible for the onsite COVID Testing including conducting swabbing (PCR/Rapid Antigen Testing-Panbio Covid-19 Test), gathering and recording medical information, delivering test results and following all public health requirements.
– Collection of nasal specimens, primarily using bilateral anterior swabbing technique and/or other nasal collection techniques for the purpose of testing for COVID-19 diagnostics of positive or asymptomatic clients
– Plan, organize and administer COVID-19 tests on staff and essential visitors as required by Public Health by utilizing rapid testing
– Adhere and adapt to any legislative requirements and compliance to policies regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
– Interacting with visitors, employees, co-workers and managers in a professional and friendly manner.
– Perform duties with discretion and professionalism at all times.
– Other duties as required
– Registered Practical Nurse and/or Regulated Health Practitioner.
– Current registration with the College of Nurses, if applicable
– Basic knowledge of swab collection and/or COVID-19 testing procedures as well as signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
– Six months experience in Long Term Care setting and/or formal health care setting is preferred.
– Current CPR Certification.
– Knowledge of current IPAC practices and protocols.
– Experience and Knowledge in Microsoft including Excel spreadsheets for documentation and reporting.
– Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
– Practices in accordance with the Privacy-Personal Health Information
Contract length: 4 – 6 months
Hours: 20 – 37.5 hours per week
Application deadline: 2021-03-26
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $28.00-$30.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- RPN or RN certificate (Required)