|Job Opening Id:||26949||# Required:||2|
|Business Unit:||Corporate Services||Division:||Administration|
|Location:||Headquarters Campbell East||Standard Hours:||24.00 / week|
|Salary Grade:||2||Salary Range:||$ 21.67 – $ 22.84|
|Post Date:||2020-11-20||Close Date:||2020-11-27|
Important Notices & Amendments
This position is temporary, part-time, currently scheduled 24 hours/week. Shifts include days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Approximate Duration: 12 months
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Responsible for screening of visitors, employees, volunteers, vendors and contractors as they enter Niagara Regional Building and/or Long Term Care Homes. Responding to inquiries and directing visitors within the building. Ensure throughout the day, high touch points areas are being cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Minimum of 1 month of experience in a health care setting or customer service environment
- Requires basic computer knowledge including MS word and excel.
- Strong communication and prioritizing skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team and build good working relationships
- Flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic, professional, diplomatic and dependable with the demonstrated ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to follow direction and procedures
- Practices confidentiality
- May be required to travel to other offices or community locations for meetings/training as assigned
- Will interact regularly with staff, visitors and contractors
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment as outlined
- Required to work when building is in an outbreak with required Personal Protective Equipment
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through the Niagara Region Careers site.