|Job Title:||Screener (24)|
|Job Opening Id:||27045||# Required:||1|
|Business Unit:||Community Services||Division:||Long Term Care Homes|
|Location:||Linhaven Home||Standard Hours:||24.00 / week|
|Salary Grade:||2||Salary Range:||$ 21.67 – $ 22.84|
|Post Date:||2020-11-20||Close Date:||2020-11-26|
Division: Long Term Care Homes
Approximate Duration: 11-12 months
Responsible for screening of visitors, employees, volunteers, vendors and contractors as they enter Niagara Regional Building and/or Long Term Care Homes. Responding to inquiries and directing visitors within the building. Ensure throughout the day, high touch points areas are being cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Minimum of 1 month of experience in a health care setting or customer service environment
- Requires basic computer knowledge including MS word and excel.
- Strong communication and prioritizing skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team and build good working relationships
- Flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic, professional, diplomatic and dependable with the demonstrated ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to follow direction and procedures
- Practices confidentiality
- May be required to travel to other offices or community locations for meetings/training as assigned
- Will interact regularly with residents within Long Term Care Home
- TB test is required
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (mask, gloves, etc.) as required
- Regular COVID-19 testing required
- Required to work even if home is in an outbreak with required Personal Protective Equipment
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate including a vulnerable sector search.
Work schedule varies from days and evening shifts. Shifts range from 5:30 am start time to latest finish time of 11:30 pm, Monday through Sunday including working weekends and holidays.
Conditions of offer include:
• obtaining a vulnerable sector police clearance that is less than 6 months old from date of hire
• satisfactory completion of Mantoux Baseline 1 and 2 Clearance (or chest x-ray)
• obtaining a negative COVID test within 14 days from date of hire
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply through the Niagara Region Careers site.