- Install, troubleshoot, and service water treatment equipment
- Perform basic component replacement services
- Understand various water conditions and how to treat them
- Field calls from customers with technical questions/concerns
- Follow protocol for diagnosing equipment problems both on-site and over the phone
- Efficiently (and legibly) complete service paperwork
- Regularly check parts inventory on service van, and restock as necessary
A successful Service Technician will:
- Have ambition and drive to deliver exceptional customer service and results
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be proactive and able to provide resolutions in a timely manner
- Communicate politely and effectively with customers via email, telephone and face-to-face
- Know our company’s products and policies, and be able to communicate these with all members of the staff and customers
- Contribute to the development and growth of the company
- Be able to handle some heavy-lifting
- Time will be spent both in-office and in the field. A valid, unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- Must have previous experience within a customer service environment
- Knowledge of water chemistry and conditioning/treatment is preferred
Beneficial Skills to Have:
- Familiar with using power tools
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, pumps, and pressure systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Lift-truck licensed
- First-aid certified
Local applicants only
This position is available immediately. Full-time Monday – Friday (occasional Saturday).
Starting wage varies, depending on experience. Approx. $15 – $17/hour.
Apply for this position
About Water Concepts
Water Concepts provides water treatment services throughout the Niagara region. We supply our customers with everything they need to maintain safe, quality water.