RATE OF PAY: $16.00
HOURS OF WORK: 48 HOURS BI-WEEKLY – 16 week – Grant Position
GRANT REQUIREMENT: Youth between 15 and 30 years of age, Canadian Citizen
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Manager of Quality Assurance in maintaining residential and administration buildings by ensuring acceptable standards are met in accordance with Ministry Regulations and Fire Codes.
STATEMENT OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY:
- Is familiar with the Developmental Services Act and current Residential Compliance requirements and brings to the attention of the manager any areas of concern.
- Perform ongoing routine maintenance in all agency owned buildings.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose maintenance issues and suggest preventative maintenance procedures.
- Perform ground keeping duties at all agency owned properties ex: pruning trees, gardening, painting, etc…
- Directly maintain the buildings, equipment and furniture by developing a work plan that prioritizes maintenance needs across the agency.
- Attend Annual Training, Seminars and Workshops as required.
- Be knowledgeable and aware of the agency’s policy on Health and Safety, and practice and promote said policy at all times with both people supported and fellow employees.
- Weekend and Holiday on-call for maintenance issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Quality Assurance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a building maintenance.
- Minimum of Grade 12 Secondary School education with a sound understanding of basic construction and repair.
- Demonstrated expertise in basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical repair.
- Lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Moving furniture
- Overhead work
- Regular use of ladder
- Able to perform emergency first aid up to and including CPR
- NRP Police Clearance certificate – Including vulnerable sector clearance
- One million dollar liability insurance on your automobile insurance policy.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Grant position – must be between 15 and 30yrs old, Canadian Citizen
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Works in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by OHS Act and regulations
- Uses or wears the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the worker’s employer requires to be used or worn
- Advise workers of the existence of any potential or actual danger.
- Where so prescribed, provide a worker with written instructions as to the measures and procedures to be taken for protection of the worker
- Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of a coworker
Apply for this position
About Community Living - Fort Erie
Community Living – Fort Erie exists to promote inclusion and to ensure that people with intellectual challenges have their rights and privileges upheld.