The Horticulturalist is self-motivated and results driven individual who will assist with managing our organizations nursery retail activities and to aid in the development and implementation of effective business strategies. The Horticulturalist with knowledge of all facets of the nursery operation will motivate and educate team members. The Horticulturalist will lead by example by providing excellent customer service. It is also essential as the Horticulturalist, to be responsible to understand, and effectively grow the customer relationship, identify new opportunities, and shifts in market demand or business conditions and recommend appropriate action.
Critical Success Factors:
- Brilliant at time management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to participate and support other aspects of the Gallery.
- A mentor to our staff—setting high standards for service, and working with our management team to ensure that our service model is being adhered to and executed properly.
- Provide expert advice on horticulture and nursery department products. Knowledge of perennials, annuals indoor plants, tropical and vegetables.
- Present and demonstrate the product highlighting its positive features and suggest complementary products.
- Assists in the preparation of maintenance programs for the control of plant diseases and insects.
- Prepares fertilizer programs for various types of plants.
- Merchandising and ensuring the floor presentation is meeting the corporate standards of excellence.
- Responsible for opening and closing functions of the nursery, proficient in POS functions (inventory control, purchasing, pricing, labels, sales, returns and post voids etc.)
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for all watering of hanging basket line, and middle isle plants.
- Ensure company policies are followed at all times.
- Further develop and enhance company culture.
- Horticultural Technician Certificate will be preferred.
- Progressive greenhouse/nursery experience an asset
- Retail experience an asset
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Keen eye and understanding towards merchandising.
- Proficient in POS operations.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.