Housekeeper – Resident & Guest Attendant
- Seasons Welland, First Avenue, Welland, ON, Canada
Seasons Welland Retirement Community
163 First Ave, Welland, ON, L3C 0A3
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents’ lives through meaningful connections and creating ‘Wow Moments’ that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Resident & Guest Attendant – Housekeeper. Reporting to Environmental Services Manager, The RGA-Housekeeper is responsible for providing housekeeping and laundry services as well as maintaining the clean and neat appearance of the residence in a safe and efficient manner in accordance to the policies and procedures of Seasons Retirement Communities.
• We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
• Group discounts on home & auto insurance
• Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
Qualifications or Skills Required:
• Must be able to read and communicate effectively
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
• Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
• Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
• Must be able to operate related equipment
• Provides services and interacts with residents and resident family members in a professional manner
• Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
• Participates as a member of the Environmental Services team and provides support to the other members of the Resident and Guest Attendant team
• Observes and adheres to all policies and procedures, work standards and safety regulations
• Projects the appropriate image and focus on customer service in their dealings with residents, families and guests
• Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all areas related to residents as per work routines
• Is aware of employee’s and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures
• All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions
The Location Seasons Welland is based in Welland, ON — https://www.seasonsretirement.com/locations/welland/
About Welland: Our residents frequently reconnect with old acquaintances at Seasons Welland, extending the tight-knit community experience they have always enjoyed in Welland. Seasons provides a worry-free retirement lifestyle, allowing residents to focus on whatever makes them happy. Our reputation for excellent care means residents can trust us to deliver high-quality, individualized service.
Why Should You Apply?
• Competitive wages
• Employee rewards & referral programs
• Growth and advancement opportunities
• Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.