THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF WAINFLEET
invites applications for the position of: RECREATION FACILITIES OPERATOR
Permanent full-time 40 Hours per Week
Includes shift work
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Carries out operational and maintenance services in the municipal recreation facilities, public halls, and parks. Also provides a variety of services with regard to the construction, maintenance and repair of roads and adjacent property, including drainage.
REMUNERATION: The starting wage rate shall be the Association Agreement rate
1. Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent with additional training, certificates or tickets as they relate to the position.
2. Experience in lawn maintenance and operation of tractors, mowers and trimmers.
3. Must have up to date First Aid, CPR and WHIMIS training. Additional training such as use of a defibrillator may be required (employer provided).
4. Previous experience with building maintenance, facilities operation and cleaning, as well as ice surface maintenance using equipment including a Zamboni would be considered an asset.
5. Current knowledge of legislation and regulations of the Ministry of Transportation as well as the Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks.
6. Ability to perform a variety of tasks which may include general carpentry, plumbing, masonry and other activities related to building maintenance, restoration and repair.
7. Working knowledge of water chemistry, refrigeration, mechanical and electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and general building environment maintenance.
8. High attention to detail in addition to good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
9. Able to work independently as well as to interact daily with the public and provide excellent customer service.
10. DZ drivers licence required.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter, in confidence, outlining their education and experience to the undersigned no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 17, 2019.
Please note: External applications will only be considered in the absence of qualified internal applicants.
Lee Gudgeon, Manager of Human Resources
Township of Wainfleet
P.O. Box 40, Wainfleet ON L0S 1V0