WINTER CONTROL MACHINE OPERATOR – SEASONAL
Temporary – Fulltime
40 Hours per Week – Includes shift work
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Operates heavy equipment and other tools to maintain roads for winter control, Responds to requests for service, plow and sands roads and parking areas and ensure the safety of township roads and other public spaces.
Approximately 6 months (November 1 to April 30).
The starting wage rate shall be 90% of the agreement rate in effect. After three (3) months the wage rate shall be increased to 100% of the agreement rates in effect.
- Grade 12 Education mandatory; Post-secondary education would be considered a significant asset
- 3 years experience in road building and winter control operations
- 3 years experience operating Plow and Sander, Backhoe, Tractors
- Strong knowledge of Traffic Control
- Strong knowledge of equipment maintenance
- A strong commitment to sound health & safety practices
- Willing to work shifts as needed
- Capable of performing streetlight and sign reflectivity inspections
- “D” License with “Z” Endorsement is considered an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter, in confidence,
outlining their education and experience to the undersigned no later than 4:00 p.m. on
Friday, October 11, 2019. Please note: External applications will only be considered in
the absence of qualified internal applicants.
Lee Gudgeon, Manager of Human Resources
Township of Wainfleet
P.O. Box 40, Wainfleet, ON L0S 1V0