The cold store runs at a chilly -20 degrees. Protective clothing designed to deal with this temperature will be provided, along with breaks to warm up and a hot drink when necessary. Reporting to the franchise owner, you are responsible packing customers’ frozen orders ready for dispatch in a timely and accurate manner.
You may be required to support with other duties in order to maintain the flexibility of a small business.
This position is part time working 10-15 hours a week.
*Role and Responsibilities:
- Picking and packing of customers frozen orders accurately
- Assist in unpacking stock and replenishing rollers.
- Monitoring stock levels and stock management
- Keep the freezer clean and tidy during the shift
- To ensure safe working practices are observed at all times in a difficult working environment.
- Improve inefficiencies and putting them into practice
- Helping the office team where appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
Heart to Home Meals is keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the business. Staff are employed and trained to be multi-functional and to be capable of carrying out numerous functions should this be required when a fellow member of staff is away or absent.
- Open and honest team player
- Flexible, highly motivated and committed
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude; will need to learn other tasks around the business if required
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail – accuracy
- Be willing to undertake any training made available
- Evidence of commitment and stability
- Use of computers
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Attention to detail
- OSSD (Secondary School Diploma)
- Health & Safety training
About Heart to Home Meals Niagara
Heart to Home is one of the leading frozen home meals delivery service in the country. For over a decade Heart to Home meals has been providing healthy and nutritious meals to many elderly customers who wish to remain independent in their own homes. Our customers are predominantly over 75 years of age and rely upon our teams to take their orders, pick their orders and deliver their meals. The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers’ that exceeds expectations while at the same time continuously improving inefficiencies.