PC Works provides support to individuals who wish to pursue a new employment opportunity or explore education/training options. Our trained and professional employment staff are here to help you get started by offering:
- One on one employment counselling
- Job search planning, support and coaching
- Career, training and education exploration
- Interview preparation and practice
- Better Jobs Ontario Applications and Re-Training Assistance
- Resume development, cover letter and other business communication assistance
- Job placement and financial incentives for Employers
- Photocopy, printing, fax service and telephone access
- Computers and internet access for employment purposes
- Referral service to other employment/community supports
Resource and Information Room
Our centre also offers a staffed resource and information room for those who are able to work independently on their job search and simply need to access computers, printers, copy and fax service, telephone, job leads, information, and other helpful tools. A wide range of short-term workshops and skills training courses are also offered.
We will assist you to…
- Identify your job goals and develop a back to work plan
- Find out what your skills, interests and strengths are
- Direct to local labour market information
- Learn effective job search techniques
- Create resumes and covering letters that get results
- Polish and practice your interview skills
- Keep motivated and coach you toward success
- Connect with employers and other services
- Locate job listings, job fairs and other opportunities
- Access our computers, phone, fax and print services at no cost
- Workshops and Information Sessions
- Certificate Programs: On-line (O) and In-Class (C)
Employer Support Services
PC Works offers supports to Employers who require assistance with the hiring process. Job Developers will help employers with creating and advertising job opportunities, referring appropriate candidates to fill those jobs, and may provide financial incentives to offset hiring and training costs.
We offer a professional environment where employers can conduct interviews or hold their company Job Fair.
If you want to hire a new worker we can…
- Create job ads
- Post your job on our website
- Collect and screen resumes
- Refer appropriate job seekers to you
- Provide you with space to conduct interviews
- Host your job fair at our Centre at no cost
- Refer you to business resources
- Provide Certificate Training for your staff
- Provide Support for hiring an apprentice
- Coordinate paid/unpaid job placements
- Help you develop a training plan for new hires
- Other financial hiring incentives
- Support employers/employees on placement
Location and Hours Of Operation
January 2021 Notice – We are operating and available for all employment and training programming virtually for the time being. We are in compliance with the stay at home state of emergency order issued by the Ontario Provincial Government in response to the Pandemic. We will be sure to let you know when our status changes and we resume in person services.
Visit us at 92 Charlotte St. in Port Colborne Monday to Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
*There is no cost to access these services (except certification courses)
PC Works is the Employment and Training Division of Port Cares. This Employment Ontario service is funded in part by the Government of Canada.