Job Opportunity Details
Company: First Student
Job Type: Trades/Transport/Equipment
Wage: Hourly - varies
Position Type: part-time
Contact Information: https://ca.firstgroupcareers.com/vacancy/17334/PC%20Works-%20Niagara%20Region/detail
Closing Date: 06-08-18
FIRST STUDENT, North America’s largest & leading school bus company is training and hiring steady part-time and spare drivers RIGHT NOW.
HOURS OF WORK
Approximately 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only. Ideal for retirees, self-employed people with flexible schedules, or stay-at-home moms or dads. In many cases, you may even be able to bring your toddler along with you (ask about child ride along). No nights or weekend work
YOU WILL ENJOY
• Safely drive students to and from school, following a prescribed route, on a daily basis during the school year.
• Performing daily vehicle safety inspections.
• Communicating clearly and interacting with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous, professional manner.
• Being part of a world-class organization.
• Security and opportunities for potential advancement
• Extra assignments may be available at many locations but are not mandatory.
• FREE TRAINING.
• Competitive wages and a well-maintained fleet of automatic vehicles. • Making a difference in the lives of children. • Still having lots of free time for yourself, your family or your other interests.
• Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age).
• Have at least 3 years of driving experience (at least 1 in North America).
• Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record.
• Communicate clearly in English or French (depending on the area and school district requirements).
• Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
TO APPLY: Please copy and paste the below link to your web browser to submit an online application https://ca.firstgroupcareers.com/vacancy/17334/PC%20Works-%20Niagara%20Region/detail
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).