Job Opportunity Details
Company: Visiting Angels
Wage: $14 per hour
Position Type: contract
Contact Information: email@example.com
Closing Date: 05-18-18
At Visiting Angels, our goal is to provide our clients with service to enhance their independence and quality of life. We provide professional services with sensitivity and understanding, and we treat our clients with respect, dignity, and compassion. We offer the elderly and convalescent clients with companionship and personal care in their home, nursing home, or hospital under the general direction of the agency, supervisor, or family members.
We are currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Assistant (Contract Summer Student Position).
Projected start date is May 23, 2018 - August 17, 2018 (approx. 14 weeks). Required hours per week 37.5, but not limited to. Wage $14.00/hour.
The public relations will play a vital role in promoting Visiting Angels Inc. business and/or services by coordinating, developing and implementing projects to help the agency fulfil clients’ needs on a daily basis.
• Coordinate and deliver daily media auditing, trafficking and reporting to internal and external audiences.
• Serve as a key member of the agency and a strong player of the designated account teams by conducting research, media list building, event coordinating, drafting press/client-facing materials and media outreaching.
• Support new business development projects through research and media monitoring on both traditional and social media.
• Assist with strategic planning; incorporate traditional and social media strategies and tactics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong passion for healthcare and/or media industry
• Willingness for various projects and clients, including pitching media/bloggers, research, and writing
• Baseline knowledge/experience with digital platforms
• Strong attention to detail, and dependability
• Ability to supply account teams with background info and research on projects, clients, etc.
• A self-starter who is always ready to take initiatives
• A team player
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• A graduate with a background in media, public relations, communications, and Healthcare and/or PR/Media experience
• Knowledge and expertise in research tools
• Immersion in digital platforms
• Knowledge of blogosphere and/or blogging platforms
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit their résumé and cover letter to Alieth Allen, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 905-685-8351. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).