Job Opportunity Details
Company: Visiting Angels
Wage: $14 per hour
Position Type: contract
Contact Information: email@example.com
Closing Date: 05-18-18
Visiting Angels® Inc. is an organization that focuses on improving the quality of life for people needing care during their illnesses, after an accident/surgery, and require care for their children. We are seeking an Events Assistant (Contract Summer Student Position)
Projected start date is May 23, 2018 - August 17, 2018 (approx. 14 weeks). Required hours per week 37.5, but not limited to. Wage $14.00/hour.
• Between 18 and 30 years of age
• University or college student with educational emphasis on marketing, public relations, community relations, event management, or related discipline
• Registered full-time student 2017-2018 with the intention to return to school on a full-time basis 2018-2019
• Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Access to a smartphone for event posts
• Some physical requirements to set-up and tear down events, and move supplies
• Assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of promotional events such as job fair, wedding show, etc.
• Assist with promoting and communications our services to the wider communities
• Promote all events through social media (Facebook, Twitter) and website
• Coordinate festivals and events throughout southern Ontario and Niagara Region
Provide onsite support at events
• Arrange to deliver and pick-up supplies throughout Niagara for events
• Coordinate each event
• Provide input into post-event reports, and other duties, as required
• Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Alignable, HubSpot, YouTube, Coral, Word Press, Adobe, Publisher, and InDesign.
• Event planning and implementation experience
• Outgoing, professional friendly, “can-do” attitude
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated creativity and professionalism
• Competence and accuracy in entering data, as well as working with Excel spreadsheets
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays
• Ability to manage varying priorities, working under tight timelines
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit their résumé and cover letter to Alieth Allen, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 905-685-8351. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).