Job Opportunity Details
Company: SunOpta Inc. - Niagara Natural
Job Type: Processing/Manufacturing/Utilities
Wage: $16.00/hour; review after 3 months; shift premiums; benefits at three months
Position Type: permanent
Contact Information: email@example.com
Closing Date: 05-31-18
This position is responsible for the full cleaning and sanitizing of all production equipment at end of production, as well as maintaining the daily cleanliness of the production area including machine parts, supporting structures, floors and walls.
Weekly shift rotation (midnights, afternoons, days).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Disassemble and assemble all equipment as necessary in order to perform required cleaning and sanitation
• Properly follow SSOPs and Master Sanitation Schedule
• Safely use, transport, and store all cleaning chemicals and tools
• Clean offices, lunchroom, and bathrooms
• Perform general housekeeping including mopping, sweeping and garbage collection
• Submit purchase requirements when needed
• Accompany QA Technician during pre-operation inspection and perform cleaning/re-cleaning where necessary
• Coordinate removal of waste and recycling from facility
• Complete all relevant cleaning documentation
• Participate in relevant sanitation training
• Follow proper procedure for organic cleaning requirements
• Communicate all issues/areas of concern to manager
• Other duties as necessary to support production
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum High School
Previous sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Good verbal, written and multi-tasking skills.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Must be available to work rotating shifts: days, afternoons, nights.
• Must be available to work weekends.
• Must be able to lift approximately 30 lbs.
• Must be able to stand/walk for majority of shift.
• 100% of work involves being in the manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).