Job Opportunity Details
Company: A Child's World - Family Child Care Services of Niagara
Job Type: Social/Education/Government
Wage: To Be Determined
Position Type: permanent
Contact Information: email@example.com
Closing Date: 04-26-18
The successful candidate is responsible for all of A Child's Worlds financial and accounting operations including operational and capital budgets, internal auditing, and financial controls. As a member of the Administration team the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the organization's financial reporting and provide support to other staff in the performance of their assigned duties. The Director of Finance reports to the Executive Director.
- Establish and maintain A Child's Worlds accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Manage journal entries, financial statements, bank reconciliations, GL account reconciliations, and annual year-end audit
- Provide complete, accurate and timely financial information and analysis including monthly, quarterly and annual statements showing financial results, cash flow analysis, subsidy tracking, capital reports, etc.
- Support operations through trend analysis and variance reports
- Ensure preparation and submission of external financial reports; CRA, MCSS, Niagara Region, etc.
- Prepare reports for Board of Directors
- Knowledge of payroll processes
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary
- Is willing to participate in mandatory A Child's World/community events
- Perform any other duties related to the position as directed by Executive Director
- Post-secondary education in business administration
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is an asset
- Minimum 5 years senior leadership experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Knowledge of all applicable statuses (Ex. Payroll laws, Canada Revenue Agency Legislation and requirements, Employment Standards, Child Care and Early Years Act etc.)
- Experience in developing multiple budgets for various departments/sites/agencies
- Strong computer skills and is proficient in the products offered in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel
- Possess accurate and efficient work practices along with clear communication skills
- Capability to work with groups of professionals in a collaborative environment
- Ability to accommodate competing demands
- Ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Has previous accounting experience and knowledge in a charity/not-for-profit
- Has a clean and up to date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector screening
A Child's World welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by April 26, 2018.
Fax: (905) 735-1147
Mail: A Child's World, 344 Avon Street, Welland, ON L3B 6E5 (Attention Kim Cole)
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).