Job Opportunity Details
Company: Stanpac Inc.
Job Type: Processing/Manufacturing/Utilities
Position Type: permanent
Contact Information: email@example.com
Closing Date: 02-28-18
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”. We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for Order Packers to join our team.
Shifts: Continental Rotating Shifts (12 Hours)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour. After 2 months, your wage will increase to $14.50/hour!!!
Hours: 7AM- 7PM- Day Shift. 7PM-7AM- Night Shift. Continentals rotate every two weeks.
- This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs)
- Own CSA Approved steel-toed boots
This position is not close to any public transit. Applicants must have reliable transportation
Responsibilities and Duties
The purpose of this role is to ensure all product coming off the line is packaged and sent to customers in a timely manner and in compliance to order specifications.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, clean, and adjust production machinery and equipment
- Performs quality checks
- Complete product changeovers and coinciding paperwork
- Ensure orders are packaged to specification and within the production schedule deadline
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with relievers, lead hands and all other production staff
- Work within competing deadlines and an ever-changing production schedule
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous machine operator experience working in a production/manufacturing environment an asset
- Some mechanical knowledge
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Full time hours in a clean and friendly production environment
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months
- Company picnics, team-building and more!
- Employee Referral program ($200 Gift Card when your awesome friend or family member hit’s their 2 month anniversary)
- Work Perks (Corporate Discount Savings program)
- RRSP Matching up to 3% after 1 year
- After 2 months, you receive a $0.50 raise just because we like you!!!
For those interested in applying please submit your resume via email
Come on in and see us directly at 2790 Thompson Road, Smithville!
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).