Job Opportunity Details
Company: Marine Recycling Corporation/Raw Materials Company
Job Type: Business/Finance/Admin
Wage: $16.00 - $19.00/hour
Position Type: permanent
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 02-28-18
Marine Recycling Corporation (MRC)
MRC is the world's first ISO 14001 Certified ship recycling company. With over 50 years of experience MRC specializes in marine salvage and wreck removal, complete end-of-life marine vessel decommissioning and recycling, vessel conversions afloat and in dry dock, vessel re-powering, lakes and ocean towing and towing preparation, marine and industrial demolition, emergency response, sectional dismantling, marine/shore construction and shore protection.
In addition two scrap yard facilities (Glendale Metal Company and International Metal Salvage) are operated under the banner of MRC.
Raw Materials Company Inc. (RMC)
RMC was established in 1985 on a belief and vision that all consumer batteries need to be recycled responsibly and not discarded into municipal landfills, regardless of type.
Our focus has always been to find recycling solutions that are not only economical, but also solutions that are considered socially and environmentally sustainable. Our technology is forever evolving as we push ourselves to stay on pace with advances in battery manufacturing.
RMC was one of the first environmental companies to receive the ISO 14001 accreditation. RMC has been ISO 14001 registered since 2000.
A great opportunity exists for an experienced Human Resources/HSED /Office - Assistant to support our team and ensure our companies are serviced in the areas of recruiting, hiring, on/off boarding, WSIB claims management, compensation administration, creation and maintenance of employee documentation and files, minute taking, newsletter creation, developing and implementing HR best practices, HR and HSED project administration and supporting the effective functioning of the HSED in other general office duties as required. You will be engaging with a variety of Departments and assisting them to incorporate requirements into operating practices and procedures and interacting with staff at all levels on a broad variety of tasks.
• Strong process and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, service skills and ability to develop effective working relationships
• Strong commitment to excellence, accuracy and attention to detail
• Exceptional time-management skills
• Excellent computer skills, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt and change
• Confidence and ability to liaise with external stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
• Previous Human Resources related experience preferred
• Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights and other statutory legislation considered an asset
• Minimum - College Diploma in Office Administration or Human Resources
• Drivers Licence
• Valid Passport
• $16.00/hour - $19.00/hour starting – commensurate with experience
• Standard five (5) days per week, 8:30am – 5:00pm
• Overtime maybe required
• Cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references
• Email to email@example.com
• Application process closes Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 4:00pm
• Mail or telephone inquires will not be acknowledged
• Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available. Please advise if you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process.
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).