About PC Works: We’re Here To Help
PC Works provides a full suite of Employment Services of the highest quality to both Job Seekers and Employers.
Our Services include...
- Job Search Planning, Support & Coaching
- Career Exploration & Decision Making
- Second Career Applications and Re-Training Assistance
- Job Placement & Financial Incentives for Employers
- Resources Area with Employment & Education Information
- Photocopy, Fax Service, Public Telephone
- Computers, Internet Access, Printers
- Referral Service to other Employment/Community Supports
Job Seeker Support Services
PC Works provides support to individuals who wish to pursue a new job or new career. Our trained and experienced staff coach individuals through one-to-one assistance or in a group setting.
Our centre also offers a staffed resource area for those who are able to work independently on their job search and simply need to access computers, printers, copy and fax service, telephone, job leads, information, and other helpful tools. A wide range of short-term workshops and skills training courses are also offered.
We will assist you to…
- Identify your job goals and develop a back to work plan
- Find out what your skills, interests and strengths are
- Direct to local labour market information
- Learn effective job search techniques
- Create resumes and covering letters that get results
- Polish and practice your interview skills
- Keep motivated and coach you toward success
- Connect with employers and other services
- Locate job listings, job fairs and other opportunities
- Access our computers, phone, fax and print services at no cost
- Access the Youth Employment Fund
- Workshops and Information Sessions
- Certificate Programs: On-line (O) and In-Class (C)
Employer Support Services
PC Works offers supports to Employers who require assistance with the hiring process. Job Developers will help employers with creating and advertising job opportunities, referring appropriate candidates to fill those jobs, and may provide financial incentives to offset hiring and training costs.
We offer a professional environment where employers can conduct interviews or hold their company Job Fair.
If you want to hire a new worker we can...
- Create job ads
- Post your job on our website
- Collect and screen resumes
- Refer appropriate job seekers to you
- Provide you with space to conduct interviews
- Host your job fair at our Centre at no cost
- Refer you to business resources
- Provide Certificate Training for your staff
- Provide Support for hiring an apprentice
- Coordinate paid/unpaid job placements
- Help you develop a training plan for new hires
- Other financial hiring incentives
- Support employers/employees on placement
Location & Hours Of Operation
Visit us at 92 Charlotte St. in Port Colborne Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with extended hours on Thursdays until 7 pm.
*There is no cost to access these services (except certification courses)
PC Works is a division of Port Cares.This Employment Ontario service is funded in part by the Government of Canada.